Thursday, May 3, 2012

Writing your own book


Writing books filled with short stories or writing a novel that brought smiles to the faces of millions is something that I have always wanted to do.  Rather than spend lots of time and money on trying to find an agent that felt the same about my work I decided to self publish my short stories and books.  I do not want to be one of those authors who waste my life wishing I had the balls to take the chance. I took fate in my own hands and made my dream a reality.

If your desire is to be writing books, I suggest doing it. You can always find time each day to focus on writing your book if the desire is strong enough. Heck even if you set aside an hour or two a day to write 1,000 words within  2 months you will have enough words to fill a nice size print book.  If short stories are more your cup of tea, you can write one a week and have enough to fill a book sooner than you think.

Keep these goals in mind while writing your books:
Mirco fiction is less than 50 words
Flash fiction is less than 1000 words
A short story is less than 10,000 words
A novella is up to 20,000
A novel is 60,000

You will never reach your dream of writing books if you do not take the time to write it. It’s simple logic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment