Thursday, May 10, 2012

Indie authors


I have been watching self-publishing Indie authors who are getting the writing success they deserve.  Like a little fly on the wall, I have silently been following their careers and have been learning a lot.  I may not ever see their success but the only way I will never know unless I try here.

Most of these people gave up on the traditional route of finding an agent. The agents might send your manuscript to a publisher if you are lucky. The agents have tons of manuscripts on their desks, and it your book does not catch his or her eye into the slush pile it goes.  Sorry but my baby deserves better than a slush pile either the physical kind or the virtual kind.  I do not have the money to piss away coping and mailing my manuscript to numerous agents.

Therefore, I choose to go the self-publishing route and I am seeing positive returns. It is nothing to live off yet, but I am not giving up on my dream of being a successful author. I have only been self publishing since October of 2011, but it only took me two months to get my e-books and print copies to where they were more profitable than the meager page views I received from half a dozen content sites where I have been pouring my time in for the past four years.

My drive and determination are fueling me to push harder for that self-publishing success I seek. I may never see millions of sales like Amanda Hocking, but I never will if I do not try my hardest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment