Thursday, May 24, 2012

Self Publishing is Easy


Self publishing is easier than you think. I have done it with print books and eBooks.  I am by no means an expert but I can do it. Trust me if I can do this so can you. Self publishing a book is easy if you follow a simple plan, stay on task and do the work.

First type up the book in MS Word or Open Office, both have their benefits and downfalls. If it is a textbook stick with MS Office as a doc, but if it has a photo book go with Open Office as a doc then a pdf.   Once you have edited, checked and rechecked the file for errors and you consider it all done upload it to either Creatspace or Lulu.

I prefer to go the route of self publishing my books on Creatspace, as it just seems easier and the profit margin seems more to me.  No matter which web site you use to make your dream a reality, it will cost you in the end.  Createspace does not cost you to upload files or selling your book, instead it keeps a bigger share of the profits than the give you.

If your dream is to write a book and agents are not biting, perhaps the business of self publishing is for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment