Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Writing online


I have been writing content on the web since early 2007. It sure seems like it could get easier as you go along.  In many respects, it is easier but in some aspects, it is also harder.

When I first started, I had to learn SEO so that those searching for the information could find it.  My grammar also needed some attention back then. I got the help I needed, and learned what I had to learn.

SEO works for some search engines but not for the majority of them now that the Google changes went into effect last February.  At first, it hit the so-called content farms, then blogs, and other web sites which including a wide array of music, and knowledge sites. 

It always seems like just when you are settled into one site, the rules for that site change.  Sometimes the rules are better but many times, it is a change for the worse.  The work at these sites also dries up and then you lose the income that you once got there.

That is why it is extremely smart not to put all your ‘eggs into one basket so to speak’ To recoup my loses at the content farms I am branching out to  more blogs, selling short stories and publishing books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment