Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Associated Content Top 100 2009

When I first got official notice from Associated Content staff about my placement in the top 100, I was speechless and this does not happen very often. I am a very vocal person, but as I sat here stupidly pointing to the screen, unable to utter the words I was so proud of my accomplishment. Then I got excited and you could not shut me or my fingers up.
I called my kids, and I even called my parents and told them my news. Top 100 out of almost 200,000 writers from various locations around the world is something to be proud of and I was so proud of myself for this accomplishment.

I keep track of all my page views monthly so it was easy to separate articles that were written in 2008 and copy them to another excel sheet where I added them up. I am sure there are several higher but I got 1,010,677 views for those 567 articles. It paid off for me. SEO works but I do not use it for every article, but the page views soar when I use SEO and it's a popular topic.
1,010,677 page views is an awesome thing to see, and know that they are yours. Whoa. Knowing that 661,123 of those page views came from 48 articles just blows my mind that is the power of SEO and hot topics. As for the other 349,554 page views came from the other 519 article is sad.
Also thank you to my faithful readers who read everything I publish like you Charlie K and others. I would name you all, but I would forget someone's name and I wish to have no more hard feelings. Just know it is a collection of writers and readers from my fan base here.
A huge shot out to all those gaming fans who gave me over half a million-page views in just five and a half months lets do it again this year. I'll keep writing if you keep visiting.
I would like to say thank you  Amber, Alex, and Timothy (,y kids) for your encouragement to me to keep writing and giving me the time to do so. I love all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment