Friday, January 6, 2012

Writers work smarter not harder


We writers can work smarter and not harder.  Trust me on this one, as I have been doing it full time since early 2007. I am not an expert but I am good at what I do.
 If you write web content for clients and do blogs and toss in fiction you might find yourself overwhelmed.  There is no need for that stuff.  Simple scheduling will help you out.

The first part of each day for me will be reserved for blogs.
I sit down and write seven different blogs posts for all of my blogs. I currently run five of them.  Open word and write 1400 words on your topic. Seems overwhelming I know. However, if you write a food blog, sit and write 200 words on each of the topics listed below, you will see its not hard.
 Fresh fruit in season
 Best herbs to grow in the kitchen window
 Shortcuts in the kitchen,
 The best banana bread you have ever tasted,
 Best lasagna recipe,
Best summer dessert,
Best cold weather homemade soup you can toss in the crock pot.

After each topic is about 200 words, go ahead and load up your blogger blog interface. Next copy and paste them in separately. Publish one right away and each additional post you schedule for successive days.
.
After my week of blogs are set up I can reward myself with a quick game, or perhaps breakfast in the kitchen instead of my desk.

After a short break come on back to your desk and do the same with another blog. Pick 7 different topics and sit and write them out quickly. Publish one right away and schedule the next few.

Within a matter of hours, you can easily update six or seven different blogs and make them appear to be updated daily on the other six days. This way you are taking one day of the week to do blog posts, and  do not have to do them for an entire week.

No comments:

Post a Comment